Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Psalms

Psalm 32:7-8

You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.

Chris and I have been blessed in the last few days how God is leading and guiding us. When I first came to His Mansion, one of the verses God gave me as confirmation was Psalm 32:8. As we are reading the Psalms each day as our count down, something a student taught me who was in the last phase of the program. As her count down she counted how many days she had left and started at that Psalm and read backwards each day. Great way to get into scripture though a lot of verses about the wicked and the righteous. Challenging.

Read Psalm 32 this morning and was reminded of these 2 verses I quoted above. I have always seen God as my refuge and strength and strong tower. When times are tough I want to be reassured that I have a hiding place to go to that is safe and secure and God is that for me though I have to admit in the last year I have been tested in this area. When we lost our son I did not feel like going to God as He could have chosen something different for us but He didn't. After working through my anger with Him I realize He is my only refuge, strength and hiding place no matter what!!!!


Why not read through this Psalm today and see what God is speaking into your heart.

Blessings
Marie


No comments: